Services stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.2% and the S&P 500 was up 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Sprint Corporation (S): S stock is up 7.7% today and up 21.9% in the last month.
- Sysco Corp (SYY): SYY stock is up 7.4% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Aaron’s Inc (AAN): AAN stock is up 6.1% today.
- Ingles Markets Inc (IMKTA): IMKTA stock is up 5.9% today.
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is up 5.6% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Yelp Inc (YELP): YELP stock is up 5.0% today.
- Nordstrom (JWN): JWN stock is up 4.3% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Pharmerica Corp (PMC): PMC stock is up 3.3% today.
- Five Below Inc (FIVE): FIVE stock is up 3.1% today.
- Best Buy Co (BBY): BBY stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Netease Inc (NTES): NTES stock is down 5.9% today.
- Viacom Inc Cl B (VIAB): VIAB stock is down 4.5% today and down 22.6% in the last month.
- Viacom Inc Class A (VIA): VIA stock is down 4.4% today and down 21.5% in the last month.
- Caesars Entertainment Corporati (CZR): CZR stock is down 3.3% today.
- Gannett Co. Inc (GCI): GCI stock is down 3.3% today.
- E.W. Scripps Company (SSP): SSP stock is down 2.9% today.
- Wynn Resorts Ltd (WYNN): WYNN stock is down 2.6% today.
- Builders Firstsource (BLDR): BLDR stock is down 2.5% today.
- Zillow Inc. Cl A (Z): Z stock is down 2.3% today.
- Apollo Group (APOL): APOL stock is down 2.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.