Technology stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- SS&C Technologies Holdings (SSNC): SSNC stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Nvidia Corp (NVDA): NVDA stock is up 1.7% today.
- Au Optronics Corp (AUO): AUO stock is up 1.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Web.Com Group Inc (WWWW): WWWW stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Nxp Semiconductors N.V. (NXPI): NXPI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Fei Company (FEIC): FEIC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Linear Technology Corp (LLTC): LLTC stock is up 0.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cepheid (CPHD): CPHD stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Canon Inc (CAJ): CAJ stock is up 0.7% today.
- Verifone Systems (PAY): PAY stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Ubiquiti Networks Inc (UBNT): UBNT stock is down 4.2% today.
- Homeaway Inc (AWAY): AWAY stock is down 3.6% today.
- Celestica Inc (CLS): CLS stock is down 3.2% today.
- Linkedin (LNKD): LNKD stock is down 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ingram Micro Inc (IM): IM stock is down 2.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- On Semiconductor Corp (ON): ON stock is down 2.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Corning Inc (GLW): GLW stock is down 2.6% today.
- Blackberry Limited (BBRY): BBRY stock is down 2.5% today.
- Finisar Corp (FNSR): FNSR stock is down 2.4% today.
- ADT Corp (ADT): ADT stock is down 2.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.