Technology stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.8%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.1% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Ixia (XXIA): XXIA stock is up 15.4% today and up 23.5% in the last month.
- First Solar (FSLR): FSLR stock is up 14.5% today.
- Activision Blizzard Inc (ATVI): ATVI stock is up 10.7% today.
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is up 10.1% today.
- Super Micro Computer (SMCI): SMCI stock is up 8.5% today.
- Advanced Energy Industries (AEIS): AEIS stock is up 10.6% today.
- Homeaway Inc (AWAY): AWAY stock is up 8.9% today.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTSH): CTSH stock is up 8.0% today.
- Solera Holdings (SLH): SLH stock is up 5.6% today.
- Motorola Solutions (MSI): MSI stock is up 6.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Trimble Navigation Limited (TRMB): TRMB stock is down 13.2% today.
- Cerner Corp (CERN): CERN stock is down 8.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Invensense Inc (INVN): INVN stock is down 7.9% today.
- Vishay Intertechnology (VSH): VSH stock is down 2.5% today.
- Proto Labs Inc (PRLB): PRLB stock is down 1.8% today.
- Convergys Corp (CVG): CVG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Bitauto Holdings Limited (BITA): BITA stock is down 1.5% today.
- Nidec Corp (NJ): NJ stock is down 1.6% today.
- Avg Technologies N.V. (AVG): AVG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Taser International (TASR): TASR stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.