Transportation stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 1.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.2%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 was down 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is up 1.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is up 1.3% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is up 0.8% today.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is up 0.8% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is up 0.7% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is up 0.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is down 3.7%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is down 3.7% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is down 3.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is down 3.1% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is down 3.0% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is down 2.6% today and down 21.4% in the last month.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is down 2.5% today.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is down 2.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is down 2.3% today.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.