Transportation stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.2% and the S&P 500 increased 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is up 3.0% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is up 2.4% today.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is up 2.2% today.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is up 1.9% today.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Pacifico (PAC): PAC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is up 1.1% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (ASR): ASR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Ship Finance International (SFL): SFL stock is down 0.2% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.