Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.7%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.9% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is up 2.7% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is up 2.7% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is up 1.9% today.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is up 1.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is up 1.7% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is up 1.7% today.
- Hawaiian Holdings (HA): HA stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is down 0.2% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.