Transportation stocks advanced 0.4% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 6.7% today.
- Golar Lng Ltd (GLNG): GLNG stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is up 2.5% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is up 1.4% today.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Knight Transportation (KNX): KNX stock is up 1.6% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is up 0.7% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is down 5.0% today and down 34.5% in the last month.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is down 3.6% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is down 1.4% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is down 1.2% today and down 35.4% in the last month.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is down 1.1% today.
- Hawaiian Holdings (HA): HA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is down 0.8% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is down 0.2% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.