Transportation stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 1.9% today.
- Nordic American Tanker Shipping Ltd (NAT): NAT stock is up 1.7% today.
- Ship Finance International (SFL): SFL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is up 1.1% today.
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is up 1.0% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is down 0.9% today.
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): JBHT stock is down 0.2% today.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is down 0.2% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is down 0.1% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.