Utilities stocks advanced 0.7% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.9%, the Nasdaq was down 1.0% and the S&P 500 declined 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is up 3.0% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 2.2% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is up 1.8% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 4.1% today.
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is down 1.9% today and down 27.2% in the last month.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is down 0.8% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.