Utilities stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 3.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 fell 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 3.5% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 1.4% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 0.9% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 4.6%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is down 3.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is down 3.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is down 3.5% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is down 3.4% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is down 3.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Alliant Energy Corp (LNT): LNT stock is down 3.3% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 3.3% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is down 3.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 3.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.