Utilities stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.9%, the Nasdaq declined 1.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 1.9% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 1.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 1.3% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.2% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is up 1.2% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 1.1% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 2.2% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is down 0.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is down 0.9% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 0.4% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.