Utilities stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.8%, the Nasdaq was down 0.7% and the S&P 500 fell 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 1.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is up 1.4% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 1.3% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 1.2% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 0.9% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 5.5% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 5.5% today.
- Terraform Power Inc (TERP): TERP stock is down 4.2% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 3.6% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 3.5% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 3.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 3.2% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 3.2% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 3.2% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.