Utilities stocks finished up 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.7%, the Nasdaq declined 1.6% and the S&P 500 fell 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 1.3% today.
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is down 2.1% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 2.0% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 1.3% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 1.2% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is down 1.0% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 0.8% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Alliant Energy Corp (LNT): LNT stock is down 0.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.