Utilities stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.8% higher, the Nasdaq was up 2.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.8% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 4.9% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 4.6% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 2.2% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 2.5% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 1.8% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Terraform Power Inc (TERP): TERP stock is up 1.6% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 2.7% today and down 22.2% in the last month.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 0.8% today and down 21.3% in the last month.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.