Utilities stocks declined 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.3%, the Nasdaq was up 1.1% and the S&P 500 rose 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is up 5.8% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 4.4% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 3.0% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 2.9% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 2.6% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is up 2.1% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is up 1.4% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 1.0% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 1.0% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 0.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is down 0.7% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is down 0.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.