Basic materials stocks rose 1.8% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 2.0% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 2.5% and the S&P 500 increased 2.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 10.2% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 9.2% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 7.7% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 7.1% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 7.0% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc (FCX): FCX stock is up 6.3% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 6.0% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 5.8% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 4.9% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 4.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 3.0% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 0.2% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 0.6% today and down 23.0% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.