Basic materials stocks fell on Wall Street so far on Friday, down 1.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.1%, the Nasdaq was down 0.9% and the S&P 500 fell 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 0.3% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 0.5% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Vedanta Ltd (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 5.0% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 3.5% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc (FCX): FCX stock is down 3.5% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 3.4% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 3.2% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 3.2% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 3.0% today and down 30.7% in the last month.
- Bhp Billiton Ltd (BHP): BHP stock is down 3.0% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 2.8% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 2.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.