Basic materials stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.2% higher and the S&P 500 rose 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 3.3% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is up 2.8% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is up 2.5% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is up 2.2% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is up 2.2% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 2.0% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 1.1% today and down 34.6% in the last month.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is down 0.5% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd (AEM): AEM stock is down 0.5% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 0.4% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is down 0.2% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.