Basic materials stocks finished down on Wall Street on Monday, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.6%, the Nasdaq fell 1.1% and the S&P 500 declined 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 4.9% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 3.5% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 3.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is up 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 2.9% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is up 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 2.4% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 2.2% today.
- Vedanta Ltd (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 5.4% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 4.4% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 4.1% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.6% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 2.5% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is down 2.5% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 2.1% today.
- Randgold Resources Ltd (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 2.1% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.