Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 5.4% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 4.6% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 3.2% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 2.6% today.
- Randgold Resources Ltd (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 2.4% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 2.3% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 1.8% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is up 1.8% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd (AEM): AEM stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 4.0% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 3.3% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 3.2% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 2.5% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 2.5% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 2.5% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is down 2.3% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 2.3% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 2.2% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.