Basic materials stocks declined 1.5% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.5%, the Nasdaq fell 1.7% and the S&P 500 was down 1.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 3.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 2.3% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 2.1% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 2.3% today and up 32.1% in the last month.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 2.3% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 1.1% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 0.6% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 0.7% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 6.4% today.
- Bhp Billiton Ltd (BHP): BHP stock is down 6.1% today.
- Vedanta Ltd (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 5.4% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 4.8% today and down 21.0% in the last month.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 4.5% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc (FCX): FCX stock is down 4.0% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 3.5% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 3.3% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 2.9% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 2.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.