Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 2.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 2.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 2.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is up 5.4% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is up 4.5% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is up 4.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bhp Billiton Ltd (BHP): BHP stock is up 4.2% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is up 4.2% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 3.8% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is up 3.7% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 3.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is up 3.4% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 0.7% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd (AEM): AEM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.