Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.9%, the Nasdaq increased 2.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 3.9% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 2.9% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 2.7% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is up 2.6% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 2.6% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 2.1% today.
- Air Products and Chemicals (APD): APD stock is up 2.0% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is down 0.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 0.5% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is down 0.4% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V (SIM): SIM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 0.4% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 0.3% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 0.3% today.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.