Basic materials stocks finished down 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.4%, the Nasdaq was down 1.1% and the S&P 500 declined 1.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V (SIM): SIM stock is up 1.2% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 0.8% today.
- Om Group (OMG): OMG stock is up 0.6% today.
- Sonoco Products Company (SON): SON stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 4.0% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 3.1% today and down 21.7% in the last month.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 2.7% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 2.7% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 2.6% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 2.5% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is down 2.5% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 2.4% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is down 2.4% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.