Capital goods stocks finished up 1.5% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.8%, the Nasdaq pushed 2.3% higher and the S&P 500 increased 1.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- American Woodmark Corp (AMWD): AMWD stock is up 4.8% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 3.3% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is up 3.2% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is up 3.0% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN.B): LEN.B stock is up 2.7% today.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is up 2.6% today.
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is up 2.6% today.
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Fluor Corp (FLR): FLR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Valmont Industries (VMI): VMI stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.