Capital goods stocks finished up 1.5% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.8%, the Nasdaq pushed 2.3% higher and the S&P 500 increased 1.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- American Woodmark Corp (AMWD): AMWD stock is up 4.8% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 3.3% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is up 3.2% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is up 3.0% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN.B): LEN.B stock is up 2.7% today.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is up 2.6% today.
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is up 2.6% today.
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Fluor Corp (FLR): FLR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Valmont Industries (VMI): VMI stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.