Capital goods stocks declined 2.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 2.9%, the Nasdaq fell 2.8% and the S&P 500 was down 2.9%.
Only one stock in the capital goods sectors showed gains:
- Topbuild Corp (BLD): BLD stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is down 4.9% today.
- Applied Industrial Technologies (AIT): AIT stock is down 4.2% today.
- Idex Corp (IEX): IEX stock is down 4.1% today.
- Barnes Group (B): B stock is down 4.0% today.
- Regal-Beloit Corp (RBC): RBC stock is down 4.0% today.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is down 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is down 3.6% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is down 3.5% today.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is down 3.6% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is down 3.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.