Capital goods stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is up 1.8% today.
- Timken Company (TKR): TKR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is up 1.3% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT): LMT stock is up 1.1% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is up 1.2% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 0.8% today.
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is up 0.8% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Topbuild Corp (BLD): BLD stock is down 3.5% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is down 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is down 3.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is down 2.9%, marking the ninth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Lennox International (LII): LII stock is down 2.7% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is down 2.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is down 1.8% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is down 1.9% today.
- Regal-Beloit Corp (RBC): RBC stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is down 1.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.