Capital goods stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.4%, the Nasdaq fell 1.1% and the S&P 500 declined 1.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is up 0.3% today.
- Graco Inc (GGG): GGG stock is up 0.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is down 2.6% today.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is down 1.9% today.
- 3M Company (MMM): MMM stock is down 1.9% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is down 1.9% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 1.9% today and down 27.3% in the last month.
- Timken Company (TKR): TKR stock is down 1.8% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN.B): LEN.B stock is down 1.7% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.