Capital goods stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.4%, the Nasdaq fell 1.1% and the S&P 500 declined 1.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is up 0.3% today.
- Graco Inc (GGG): GGG stock is up 0.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is down 2.6% today.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is down 1.9% today.
- 3M Company (MMM): MMM stock is down 1.9% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is down 1.9% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 1.9% today and down 27.3% in the last month.
- Timken Company (TKR): TKR stock is down 1.8% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN.B): LEN.B stock is down 1.7% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is down 1.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.