Capital goods stocks fell 1.1% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.0%, the Nasdaq declined 0.8% and the S&P 500 fell 1.0%.
Only one stock in the capital goods sectors showed gains:
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL): ESL stock is down 7.4% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is down 2.8% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is down 2.3% today and down 23.1% in the last month.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is down 2.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 2.1% today and down 27.2% in the last month.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is down 2.1% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is down 1.9% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.