Capital goods stocks advanced 1.2% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.2% higher, the Nasdaq was up 1.6% and the S&P 500 rose 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is up 0.2% today.
- Zebra Technologies Corp (ZBRA): ZBRA stock is up 2.2% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is up 2.6% today.
- The Middleby Corp (MIDD): MIDD stock is up 2.1% today.
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is up 2.4% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 2.3% today.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Forest City Ent Cl A (FCE.A): FCE.A stock is up 2.4% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is up 2.1% today.
- Thor Industries (THO): THO stock is up 2.1% today.
Only one stock in the capital goods sectors showed losses:
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.