Capital goods stocks advanced 0.5% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.7%, the Nasdaq rose 0.9% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 3.8% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is up 2.9% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is up 2.8% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 2.1% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is up 2.0% today.
- Topbuild Corp (BLD): BLD stock is up 1.8% to $34.64, near the 52-week high of $34.71.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc [Ireland] (IR): IR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Forest City Ent Cl A (FCE.A): FCE.A stock is down 1.1% today.
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is down 1.0% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is down 0.6% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is down 0.7% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is down 0.5% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.