Capital goods stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.8% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 rose 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 4.3% today.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is up 3.3% today.
- Donaldson Company (DCI): DCI stock is up 2.3% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 2.1% today and up 33.3% in the last month.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Idex Corp (IEX): IEX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Topbuild Corp (BLD): BLD stock is up 2.0% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is up 2.0% today.
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is up 1.8% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is down 0.2% today.
- Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT): LMT stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.