Consumer noncyclical stocks finished up 2.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 2.5%, the Nasdaq rose 2.8% and the S&P 500 increased 2.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM): PM stock is up 3.2% today.
- Brown Forman Inc B (BF.B): BF.B stock is up 2.9% today.
- Hershey Foods Corp (HSY): HSY stock is up 2.7% today.
- Owens Corning Inc (OC): OC stock is up 2.7% today.
- Mccormick & Company Inc (MKC): MKC stock is up 2.7% today.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is up 2.6% today.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is up 2.3% today.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is up 2.2% today.
- Universal Corp (UVV): UVV stock is up 2.1% today.
Only one stock in the consumer noncyclical sectors showed losses:
- Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (CCU): CCU stock is down 0.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.