Consumer noncyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- United Natural Foods (UNFI): UNFI stock is up 1.5% today.
- National Beverage (FIZZ): FIZZ stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX): SBUX stock is up 0.8% today.
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM): PM stock is up 0.7% today.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Flowers Foods (FLO): FLO stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cott Corp (COT): COT stock is up 0.7% today.
- Coca Cola Femsa S.A.B. De C.V (KOF): KOF stock is up 0.7% today.
- Boston Beer Company (SAM): SAM stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Embotell Andna Sa B (AKO.B): AKO.B stock is down 3.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is down 2.6% today.
- Embotell Andina Sa A (AKO.A): AKO.A stock is down 2.0% today.
- Brf-Brasil Foods S.A. (BRFS): BRFS stock is down 1.7% today.
- Post Holdings Inc (POST): POST stock is down 1.3% today.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc (GMCR): GMCR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Unilever Plc (UL): UL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Unilever Nv (UN): UN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Anheuser-Busch Inbev Sa (BUD): BUD stock is down 0.7% today.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.