Energy stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Flotek Industries (FTK): FTK stock is up 3.9% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 3.4% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is up 1.3% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is up 1.1% today.
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): NBL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 5.9% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is down 5.1% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is down 3.2% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Seadrill Ltd (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is down 1.5% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.