Energy stocks finished down on Wall Street on Tuesday, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.1%, the Nasdaq fell 0.5% and the S&P 500 increased 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Helmerich & Payne (HP): HP stock is up 2.7% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is up 2.5% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ): CNQ stock is up 2.4% today.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is up 2.2% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Apache Corp (APA): APA stock is up 2.2% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 2.2% today.
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is up 2.0% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Semgroup Corp (SEMG): SEMG stock is down 6.5% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 6.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is down 6.4% today.
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is down 5.7% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is down 5.3% today.
- Enbridge Energy Management Llc (EEQ): EEQ stock is down 5.0% today.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is down 4.7%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is down 3.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is down 3.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Eqt Corp (EQT): EQT stock is down 3.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.