Energy stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is up 2.6% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 2.8% today.
- Seadrill Ltd (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 2.8% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 2.3% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is up 2.3% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 2.2% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is up 2.2% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 3.6% today.
- Petrochina Company Ltd (PTR): PTR stock is down 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 2.7% today.
- Cnooc Ltd (CEO): CEO stock is down 2.0% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 1.4% today and down 32.3% in the last month.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is down 1.2% today and down 22.3% in the last month.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Murphy Oil Corp (MUR): MUR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 0.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.