Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 4.5% today and up 37.0% in the last month.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 2.4% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is up 2.0% today.
- Marathon Oil Corp (MRO): MRO stock is up 2.1% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 1.8% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 4.0% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is down 3.2% today.
- Cnooc Ltd (CEO): CEO stock is down 2.4% today.
- Petrochina Company Ltd (PTR): PTR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Oil States International (OIS): OIS stock is down 1.6% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 1.7% today.
- Oceaneering International (OII): OII stock is down 1.8% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.