Energy stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.3% higher, the Nasdaq increased 1.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 8.0% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 6.2% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 5.0% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is up 4.1% today.
- Cnooc Ltd (CEO): CEO stock is up 3.5% today.
- Petrochina Company Ltd (PTR): PTR stock is up 3.3% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is up 2.9% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is up 2.8% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is up 2.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Seadrill Ltd (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 1.5% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is down 1.6% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 0.6% today and down 26.4% in the last month.
- Oil States International (OIS): OIS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is down 0.2% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 0.4% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.