Energy stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is up 1.3% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is up 1.0% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 0.5% today.
- Seadrill Ltd (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is down 5.3% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is down 4.2% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 3.0% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is down 2.9% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 2.8% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 2.5% today.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is down 2.2% today.
- World Fuel Services Corp (INT): INT stock is down 2.2% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is down 2.1% today.
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is down 2.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.