Energy stocks rose 2.4% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.8%, the Nasdaq rose 2.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is up 9.7% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is up 8.7% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 8.0% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is up 7.1% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is up 6.6% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is up 5.9% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 5.7% today.
- Apache Corp (APA): APA stock is up 5.5% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 5.3% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is up 4.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Helmerich & Payne (HP): HP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is down 1.2% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ): CNQ stock is down 0.5% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is down 0.3% today.
- Cameron International Corp (CAM): CAM stock is down 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.