Energy stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.1% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 2.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is up 2.2% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 2.3% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 2.1% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 2.1% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 2.6% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is down 1.4% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is down 1.4% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 1.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 0.8% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 0.6% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.