Energy stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 2.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.6%, the Nasdaq fell 1.9% and the S&P 500 was down 1.6%.
Only one stock in the energy sectors showed gains:
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 0.6% today and up 21.9% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 5.9% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is down 6.1% today and down 33.0% in the last month.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is down 5.6% today.
- Cnooc Ltd (CEO): CEO stock is down 6.1% today.
- Seadrill Ltd (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 5.6% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 5.3% today and down 22.5% in the last month.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 4.3% today.
- Petrochina Company Ltd (PTR): PTR stock is down 5.1% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is down 3.0% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is down 4.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.