Energy stocks rose 0.9% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.9%, the Nasdaq climbed 2.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.9% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 5.5% today.
- Flotek Industries (FTK): FTK stock is up 5.2% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is up 4.5% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 4.4% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is up 3.1% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 2.9% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 2.5% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is up 2.6% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 2.6% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 2.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 4.0% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is down 3.5% today.
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is down 3.4% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is down 2.2% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 1.9% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 1.8% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is down 1.4% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.