Financial stocks declined on Wall Street on Friday morning, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Assurant Inc (AIZ): AIZ stock is up 1.6% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- BankUnited Inc (BKU): BKU stock is up 0.6% today.
- Prospect Capital Corp (PSEC): PSEC stock is up 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 0.5% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is up 0.6% today.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 4.1% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Ltd (LFC): LFC stock is down 2.5% today.
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR): CFR stock is down 2.5% today.
- Ares Capital Corp (ARCC): ARCC stock is down 2.4% today.
- Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG): ECPG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is down 1.6% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 1.6% today.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is down 1.7% today.
- Valley National Bancorp (VLY): VLY stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.