Financial stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is up 1.7% today.
- First Busey Corp (BUSE): BUSE stock is up 1.7% today and up 190.2% in the last month.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is up 1.6% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 1.5% today.
- First American Corp (FAF): FAF stock is up 1.4% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Fidelity National Information Services (FIS): FIS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Prologis Inc (PLD): PLD stock is up 1.3% today.
- Beneficial Mutual Bancorp (BNCL): BNCL stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 3.2% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 1.4% today.
- Willis Group Holdings (WSH): WSH stock is down 1.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Stifel Financial Corp (SF): SF stock is down 1.2% today.
- Kearny Financial (KRNY): KRNY stock is down 1.1% today.
- Hdfc Bank Ltd (HDB): HDB stock is down 1.0% today.
- Blackrock Enhanced Dividend Achievers (BDJ): BDJ stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is down 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- UMB Financial Corp (UMBF): UMBF stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.