Financial stocks rose 1.4% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.9%, the Nasdaq climbed 2.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.9% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 4.3% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 3.8% today.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is up 3.2% today.
- Hudson City Bancorp (HCBK): HCBK stock is up 3.2% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 2.9% today.
- Verisk Analytics (VRSK): VRSK stock is up 2.9% today.
- Powershares QQQ (QQQ): QQQ stock is up 2.8% today.
- General Electric Company (GE): GE stock is up 2.7% today.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is up 2.7% today.
- Cincinnati Financial Corp (CINF): CINF stock is up 2.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is down 1.9% today.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Chimera Investment Corp (CIM): CIM stock is down 1.2% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 1.2% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cohen & Steers Quality Income Realty Fund Inc (RQI): RQI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is down 0.5% today.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CM): CM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Nelnet Inc (NNI): NNI stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.