Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 2.0%, the Nasdaq increased 2.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 2.0% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- China Life Insurance Company Ltd (LFC): LFC stock is up 7.1% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is up 3.1% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 5.3% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is up 4.7% today.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is up 4.7% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is up 4.5% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 4.2% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is up 4.3% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 3.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Aegon N.V. (AEG): AEG stock is up 3.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is down 0.3% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 0.3% today.
- Alliancebernstein Income Fund Inc (ACG): ACG stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.