Financial stocks finished down 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.7%, the Nasdaq fell 1.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 4.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is up 2.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is up 2.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is up 2.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is up 2.1% today.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is up 1.9% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 1.8% today.
- MB Financial Inc (MBFI): MBFI stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is down 5.3% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 4.5% today and down 25.6% in the last month.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is down 4.3% today.
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is down 3.8% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 2.9% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 2.7% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is down 2.7% today.
- Blackrock (BLK): BLK stock is down 2.6% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 2.6% today and down 27.9% in the last month.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is down 2.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.