Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 2.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 2.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 2.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Marsh & Mclennan Companies (MMC): MMC stock is up 4.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is up 4.4% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 4.2% today.
- Affiliated Managers Group (AMG): AMG stock is up 4.2% today.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is up 4.1% today.
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is up 4.1% today.
- Broadridge Financial Solutions Llc (BR): BR stock is up 4.0% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 4.0% today.
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is up 3.9% today.
- MSCI Inc (MSCI): MSCI stock is up 3.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.